Welcome to the first episode of ‘Of Primary Importance’!
In this podcast series, we will be exploring all things EYFS and primary with different topics and special guests each fortnight.
In this episode, we are joined by Kate Sturdy (@k8KES8).
Kate is a Key Stage 2 Curriculum Lead in North Wales and Year 5 (soon to be Year 6) teacher with 14 years’ teaching experience. She has presented for GwE about her journey to SLT, lectured for Bangor, Chester and Leeds Beckett universities about the new curriculum in Wales, and is currently working on assessment with the Welsh Government. Kate is passionate about using creativity, pupil voice and technology in the classroom.
In the podcast, Kate talks about how she uses pupil voice in her planning and how this has been embedded across the school.
Key questions covered:
- How did using pupil voice in the planning process start and why?
- How does the process work within your school?
- Could you give an example of how it has been used recently?
- How have you seen the use of pupil voice in your planning develop over time?
- What has been the impact?
- When you first started this change did you face any challenges?
- What (if any) are your next steps?
- Would you recommend this to other schools? How would you recommend they get started?
- Where can schools find out more information about this?